Friday 16 March 2012

Hannah's Kitchen

Features Chef Hannah Jones shares her Corn Bread recipe
http://www.hannahsbuns.co.uk/
Hannah Jones

                                                Corn Bread



Cornbread is so easy to make and tastes wonderful warm straight from the oven. Corn meal is not sold in the shops near to me but you can get hold of it at Amazon.  This bread is more like a cake it has no yeast and tastes quite sweet, must be why I like it so much!  The recipe follows and I hope you enjoy making it. If you have a little time please click on the link below and vote for my small business I am trying to get a grant and I need as many votes as possible Thank you to everyone who has already voted for me.



Ingredients
1 and a quarter Cups Plain flour
Three  quarters of a Cup Corn meal
A quarter Cup of sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
Half tsp Salt
1 Cup milk
A quarter of a Cup vegetable oil
2 eggs whites or one beaten egg.


  • Heat the oven to 200'C
  • Grease a 8 inch cake tin with butter and flour
  • Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
  • Then stir in the milk, oil and egg and give a quick mix
  • Pour into the cake pan and cook for 20 to 25 minutes
  • Check to see if cooked like a cake by putting a cocktail stick inside and if come out clean its cooked.
  • Turn out on to a wire rack and enjoy warm.
(A huge thank you to Hannah for providing the scrumptious delights to the Pink Rose Charity Tea Party last week. To see what Hannah made visit my other blog http://finishingtouchinteriors.blogspot.com/
Sarah x)

No comments:

Post a Comment